- Missionaries lend a helping hand for Christmas
- Belmopan woman says she was gang-raped
- Nephew stabs uncle in the chest
- New members elected to the Belize Volleyball Association executive
- BELIZE HONORS NELSON MANDELA
- Central Government to assist with repairs of damaged streets in Dangriga
- Police find cache of cartridges in open lot
- Woman police officer chopped in the head
- Man arrested after marijuana seeds found in his luggae at the PGIA
- Preschool boy knocked down and killed by passenger van in Belize City
Belize is represented at Maya ceremony in Guatemala
Belize has representation at a Great Sacred Maya Ceremony being held today Poptun, Peten, Guatemala.
The annual event, which is held on October 12, is taking place in front of the sacred Maya Temple at Tikal.
According to correspondent Aurelio Sho, the ceremony starts with “a night vigil to spark sacred energies of our ancestors” and ends with the ceremony at Tikal.
According to Sho, thousands of Maya people from Guatemala along with a delegation from Jalacte village and other communities in southern Belize are taking part in today’s festivities.
Included in the Belize delegation are representatives of the Tumul K’in Center of Learning and Ak’Kutan Radio.
Sho tells West Vision News that “it’s a time to have the great fire burning for the love of Humanity, the Natural Elements of the Universe and Mother Earth ignited for us as people.”